The Portland International Auto Show Media Center is located inside the Oregon Convention Center Lobby area inside the MLK JR Blvd Entrance.
The Media Center will officially open for the working press Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 8:00am.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO MEDIA CREDENTIAL PRE-REGISTRATION PROCESS.
Members of the media may pick up their credentials in the Media Center and should be prepared to show proper ID. Only working journalists will be credentialed; guests of the media will be admitted with a paid admission during regular show hours.
Thursday, February 24, 2022 from 5:00AM to 10:00AM
There are many other times available to press/media.
Credentials will be issued at the Media Center in the MLK JR Blvd Lobby. Please note: you can only enter the Convention Center through the back security door at the Oregon Convention Center on Press Day between 5:00 am – 10:00 am to access the Media Center to receive your media credentials.
Media inquiries, to arrange interviews, or press releases and events:
General Auto Show Information, Sponsorship and Exhibit Information:
Attendee Guidelines for COVID-19 Reduction
Things to Know Before You Go
If you or anyone in your group does not feel well or has any of the following symptoms, please do not come to the Auto Show: Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- We highly recommend purchasing your ticket online prior to visiting the Auto Show. You can save your electronic ticket(s) to your smartphone and scan them at the show entrance using our no-contact scanners.
- Masks are mandatory to be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking in a designated area.
- Proof of vaccination, or negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours, for everyone 5 and over is required to enter the Auto Show.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
In accordance with local, state, and CDC guidelines and mandates, masks are required for all exhibitors, vendors, Portland Auto Show staff, and attendees to the Portland Auto Show. The Auto Show will have roving security who will remind attendees and exhibitors to wear their mask. Anyone who refuses to comply with the PPE mandate will be escorted out of the show without refund.
Guest Hygiene and Transmission Prevention
For the health and safety of guests, the Oregon Convention Center has placed hand-sanitizing stations throughout the concourse. Hand sanitizing stations will also be located to high-traffic locations throughout the showroom floor. The Auto Show will utilize a quarantine room if needed during the event.
The Oregon Convention Center is a GBAC-certified facility, meaning that they have met the guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting for COVID-19 (Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2).
Show management will make periodic public service announcements through an overhead microphone to remind exhibitors, vendors, attendees and staff of proper hygiene and physical distancing. Currently, the announcement will be made every two hours during the show.
Test drives, whether they occur inside or outside the exhibit hall, require that physical distancing will be practiced among exhibitors, vendors and show attendees. Masks are required in order to participate in any test drives. Sanitizing of vehicles will occur in between each test drive.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The health and safety of all guests, exhibitors, partners and staff at the Portland International Auto Show is the top priority of the Metro Portland New Car Dealers Association (MPNCDA). With that in mind, we will follow these guidelines:
- Proof of vaccination, or negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours, for everyone 5 and over is required to enter the Auto Show. NOTE: Home tests are not acceptable as the results need to be verified by a medical provider. Telehealth home tests are acceptable as they confirm a patient’s identity, the name of the laboratory or healthcare entity, the type of test, and the specimen collection date.
- While indoors, masks are mandatory and are to be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking in a designated area.
- Test drives, whether they occur inside or outside the exhibit hall, require that physical distancing will be practiced among exhibitors, vendors, and show attendees. Masks are required in order to participate in any test drives.
You can pre-register your COVID vaccine card or negative test, or see the full COVID-19 safety protocols for the Oregon Convention Center, by clicking one of the buttons below.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation!